For immediate release
“The Cheese” Goes Digital
Low Power FM radio station “The Cheese” has gone live across Wellington, Kapiti and Christchurch on TelstraClear InHome TV.
Station manager Grant Thoms says “This increases our possible listening audience by more than 35,000 and makes The Cheese one of the most widely available LPFM (Low Power FM) radio stations in the country”.
TelstraClear Market Manager InHome Services Jeff Doyle, says the station is a good fit with InHome Digital Television’s entertainment offering. “We felt the music offered by The Cheese aligned with our customer needs and the fact that the production is local also satisfies our desire to support the local community and businesses. The Cheese also streams music for our large broadband customer base, which was also key to our decision to add The Cheese to our platform.”
The Cheese is delivered digitally to TelstraClear’s Cable TV head end and brings another radio channel to their Digital TV channel lineup. The Cheese is available on the InHome TV basic package now, on channel 511.
About The Cheese:
- Started in 2006 from a small bedroom in Lower Hutt, and run as a hobby
- Broadcasting 24/7 Commercial free
- Playing music from the 80s 90s and Today featuring specialty shows
- A World-Wide presence on the web at www.thecheese.co.nz.
- Fully licensed with APRA and RIANZ
- Supporting Local acts in the way of on air exposure
- Listeners can tune in via Shoutcast, Spodtronic, Nokia Internet Radio, FM & TelstraClear Digital TV
Mobile: 021 720 404
P.O Box 43214, Wainuiomata 5014, New Zealand